Since the beginning of Eurovision there have been talks, speculations and rumors about the fairness of the results. They might be true. Or not. But despite all of these Eurovision for me is something amazing. Here are the reasons why:
- We get to hear amazing music that we never knew we liked.
- Young and old artists, mainstream and unique have the chance to represent a major European country and introduce their work to people.
- We get to find out about different cultures and get educated about each country’s traditions.
- The fact that the show itself is live means that at this moment of time a whole lot of unique, different and amazing people are watching the EXACT same thing, which is kind of amazing.
- As far as my home country is concerned (no 15 😉) Eurovision night is a big deal. People get together, order in and watch the show together. Friends cozying up on couches, pizza places running like crazy and every single person having an opinion on literally everything. It’s not perfect but it’s lovely!